|How To Apply:||Procedures are located in the Special Info Section below|
|Prerequisites:||1. Be a Senior Petty Officer (E-5 and E-6)|
2. Have outstanding performance documented in Direct Access
3. Be an excellent representative of the U.S. Coast Guard and present a sharp military appearance
4. Be in compliance with Coast Guard weight and body fat standards as well as meet the Air Forceís requirements of a 39.5Ē waistline or acceptable BMI.
5. Be fit for full duty and able to participate and in the Air Forceís Fitness Program. Members shall ensure they meet the Coast Guardís and Air Forceís requirements for the run, push-ups and sit-ups prior to applying and document results on their application.
6. Have one year of obligated service remaining upon graduation.
|Special Info:||1. The application process begins in the fall. Keep an eye out for school solicitation messages in CGMS. Additional information can be found by visiting the following websites: http://www.uscg.mil/leadership/courses/military_seniorenlisted.asp and http://www.angtec.ang.af.mil/units/lankfordepme/index.asp . If information is required that isnít reflected on the website, contact the Program Manager, SCPO Brian Sorensen, at 202-475-5511 or via email at Brian.J.Sorensen@uscg.mil
2. Successful graduation from this academy satisfies the requirements for advancement eligibility to E-6
3. Commands should plan on attending the graduation ceremony or send a command representative
4. Members who have previously attended LAMS are eligible to apply
5. This course is sponsored by the Office of Leadership and Development, CG-12C
6. Application Requirements:
b. No more than 2 pages; excluding endorsements
c. 12 point text, single spaced, single sided
d. Memo is from the member and addressed to the AFNCOA Appointment Board
e. Subject is APPLICATION FOR AFNCOA
f. Paragraph one contains the members information
ii. Date of Rank
iv. Active or Reserve
v. Unit Address
vi. Contact Numbers
vii. Email Address
viii. TIS & TIG
ix. Two session dates that you can attend
x. CG & AF PFT results and Body Composition Information
h. Paragraph three: describe how you have incorporated the Guardian Ethos and Core Values into your everyday life, both on duty and off duty.
i. Paragraph four: describe why you believe this opportunity will help you become a more effective leader.
j. Command endorsements are required from the memberís Commanding Officer and Command Master Chief, Senior Chief or Chief and must be submitted as a new page endorsement. Endorsements should address at a minimum:
ii. Member presents a sharp military appearance
iii. Member is fit for full duty, meets CG & AF fitness and weight requirements
iv. Why the member should be selected to attend this academy
7. Once all application prerequisites and application requirements have been fulfilled, email complete application to the Program Manger identified above in paragraph one.
AFNCOA is held at McGhee-Tyson ANGB located in Louisville, TN, about 15 minutes outside of Knoxville. This course is ideal for Senior Petty Officers who desire a quality joint professional military education that will contribute significantly to their professional development and challenge them to be effective leaders and innovative risk takers. Through the use of guided discussion classroom methodology, experiential exercises, and case study, students are exposed to five academic disciplines: Profession of Arms, Warfare Studies, Leadership Studies, International Security Studies, and Communication Studies. These disciplines are distributed throughout the four graduate attributes that consist of military professional, operational airman, unit manager, and the managerial communicator. Accredited by the College of the Air Force (CCAF), graduates are awarded 12 semester hours of college credit in the following areas: Military Studies II (3), Leadership Studies II (6) and Managerial Communication II (3).
|Facility Name||Start Date||End Date||Session #|
|MCGHEE ANG NCO SCHOOL||4/15/2014||5/22/2014||68|
|MCGHEE ANG NCO SCHOOL||7/8/2014||8/14/2014||69|
|MCGHEE ANG NCO SCHOOL||9/2/2014||10/9/2014||70|